Saturday, February 2, 2013

I meant to say bonne année before this -

But my blog-thing wasn't working.

January is over, now - which means that the festive cries of  "Bonne année" have given way to the usual bonjours and bonne journées. Which is kind of sad. But before the whole festive season disappears from memory, I thought I'd share these - close-ups from the amazing Christmas creches  in various churches:












made with care









                                    and humour















and lots of imagination.












The crib is a bit of a thing here, in France.




But the prize goes to  lovely Seguret.



Because - hey! Live people!

It's their nativity play, really. I wish I'd been there to see it. (And I wish I knew the photographer, so I could give credit for the pictures. Sorry, photographer! But I'm told they were in all the papers - and they are lovely!)

Update: Mireille est le photographe qui a pris sa fille Mélanie en photo, pour la messe de minuit le 24 Décembre 2012 à Séguret.

Mireille and Mélanie - thank you  :) They're gorgeous photos.

2 comments:

sharonrobards said...

Those cribs are brilliant and yes, Seguret is beautiful.

mccardey said...

I'm so going to miss this place.